Thursday, July 26, 2007

Week 30: Snow: Three Pictures

I

White everywhere. My roof is white, my walls are white, my floor is white. It's all so bright I see colours, blue sparkling, green twinkling, violet flashing. They move with my pupils, run along the white of my eye. I need to entertain myself not to be struck by panic. Listening to the beep in my ears form a melody, see the colorful stripes on the snow. I went skiing and was left under an avalanche.

II

I press my nose against the cold windowpanes. Outside, big fluffy snowflakes paint the road all white, landing lightly on the carriage and its hunchback driver. My breath leaves a stain on the glass and looking through it the street is blurry, covered in a soft quilt of white. I am Oliver and my tea awaits me.

III

Far away, over distant, vast areas of nothingness, we found a frozen globe. The plains lay under white coats of snow, the lakes were icy, stainless and untouched. The planet must have drifted away from warmer regions, originally not far from our home, and been lost in this territory of merciless cold. We can't survive here, we have to send some pioneer robots when spring arrives.

2 comments:

Robin said...

where do we send to robots?

Bubuina said...

The answer is very simple: to the planet we just found.